MADDEN 21 Old Gen (XB1 & PS4):
Pass Blocking Schemes:
How to Block Dime 146 - Video Inside
NOTE: YOU CAN NO LONGER MOTION BLOCK WRs IN MOST OR ALL FORMATIONS BECAUSE IT WAS PATCHED
This video goes over three different ways to block 146: (1) When sending out all 5 routes, (2) When blocking with the HB, (3) Motion blocking with a WR –YOU CAN NO LONGER MOTION BLOCK WRs IN MOST OR ALL FORMATIONS BECAUSE IT WAS PATCHED
-NOTE1: Blocking with a TE is not typically necessary because if they are blitzing off of the TE side, the blitz will typically not come in because the TE will bump the slot corner on their route (Shown in video).
-NOTE2: The 5 out setup does not work quite as well with play action plays. It still helps but is not quite as effective as on non-PA plays.
(XB1 Controls) [PS4 Controls]
Video Time Stamps:
- 00:01 – 01:16 Intro/Showing The Blitz Working
- 01:17 – 04:06 Blocking While Sending 5 Out (Slide AWAY from the TE and ID the mike on the Outside Corner AWAY from the TE – IF you don’t have time, you can just do the ID because that is more important but the slide helps though)
- SLIDE – (Lb + Left toggle stick to the Left/Right depending on your side) [L1 + Left toggle stick to the Left/Right depending on your side]
- ID THE MIKE – (Lb + A THEN scroll with the Left Toggle Stick to choose which player to ID by pressing A again) [L1 + X THEN scroll with the Left Toggle Stick to choose which player to ID by pressing X again]
- 04:07 – 07:57 Blocking With the HB (Can just block OR double team the OLB and ID the mike on the blitzing slot corner – SEE VIDEO for breakdown on when to do each such as when they have an edge threat at the OLB position next to the slot corner as well as see other occurences/things that come with blocking the HB)
- 07:58 – 09:13 WR Blocking & When This Could Be Beneficial – YOU CAN NO LONGER MOTION BLOCK WRs IN MOST OR ALL FORMATIONS BECAUSE IT WAS PATCHED
- 09:14 – 10:32 Showing the Blitz NOT Working on the Tight End Side
- 10:33 – 13:38 Showing in a Different Formation
- 13:39 – 14:24 Showing how the Defense Can Prevent You From Doing the ID the Mike on the Outside Corner
- 14:25 – 14:56 Outro/Conclusion to the Video
How to Block Disengage A/B Gap (Pinch Contain Blitzes) - Video Inside
The best way to deal with the disengage pinch blitzes is by using Play Action (PA) plays. I actually liked PA plays more that had the Tight End on a stock route (not blocking initially). The PA plays with the TE blocking still blocked better than non-PA plays in my opinion, but the ones that had the Tight End on routes already were a bit better. So, if possible, it will help to choose those plays. It also helps to double team one of the ends (ideally the one that is coming in still when you run the PA play – you will see it after running it).
(XB1 Controls) [PS4 Controls]
- Double Team (Lb + Right Toggle Stick Down then scroll with the Left Toggle Stick and press A on the player you want to double team) [L1 + Right Toggle Stick Down then scroll with the Left Toggle Stick and press X on the player you want to double team]
01 Trap - VERY GOOD Shotgun Run (Several Formations) - Video Inside (See Example Play Art)
01 Trap is one of the best shotgun runs in the game and is very tough to stop. It can be found in several formations out of MANY playbooks (None in Chargers out of Shotgun now). But, you can scroll through and see if there is any in the book you use.
We used the PATRIOTS playbook for the video and used the 01 Trap out of Gun Ace Slot Offset and Gun Doubles. (This playbook has a variation of the Gun Trips TE, does not have all of the plays from Chargers but if you like this run a lot, you could still run a lot of the other setups from the Chargers book out of the Patriots Gun Trips TE).